I love smoothies for breakfast and this one is a good one . . . especially for fall! This recipe is from the website Oh My Veggies. I have never made a smoothie with oatmeal oats and I have to tell you . . . I LOVED it!
- 1/4 c. pumpkin puree (I used canned pumpkin)
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup or sweetener of choice (I used honey and just added a squirt)
- 3/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 c. plain or vanilla almond milk (any milk is fine though!)
- 1/2 c. old fashioned oats
- 1/2 small banana, frozen and if not frozen add a few ice cubes
- sprinkle of cinnamon
Mix all ingredients in a blender until blended well. Add more milk if consistency is too thick and blend until you have a consistency you like. Viola you are done! Enjoy!