Hummus is a stand-by in our house. It is so versatile that you can eat it with chips, veggies, pita bread, crackers and on sandwiches. I have even mixed it in with some quinoa and veggies! This recipe is from my father in-law and we make it a lot!
- 2 cans of chick peas – drained / skin on
- 3-4 gloves of garlic (peeled)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 – 1 ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ – ¾ cup of lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
- ½ cup of tahini – sesame seed paste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Combine all ingredients into a food processor - blend to chop and combine all ingredients until smooth (4-5 mins). Then test to taste, may need more lemon, tahini or cumin depending on personal preference. If taste is fine but not smooth enough, add a bit of water, a tablespoon at a time and run processor.
Place on plate, garnish with parsley, sprinkle red pepper or paprika and sprinkle with cumin. Drizzle olive oil across top – serve with Pita bread, chips, crackers, veggies, etc.