Warmer weather is a great time to start adding smoothies to your life. Get your blender out and try this easy and packed full of nutrients recipe! I make this smoothie several times a week. I get some greens in and it taste great! It doesn’t matter if you don’t like kale or spinach because you can’t even taste it.
Carrie’s Stand-by Smoothie!
- 1 Banana
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup of blueberries, frozen or fresh
- Small handful of fresh spinach
- Small handful of fresh kale
- Water or milk (Carrie uses Rice Milk)
- Optional bonus ingredient: 1 T. ground flax seeds
Using a blender, blend all ingredients together and you will end up with a beautiful purple smoothie packed with nutrients! Note: You can use only Spinach or Kale, but adding both is a plus! Blend ice in if needed.
- When your banana’s start to go brown, peel them and freeze them in a freezer bag or container. Frozen banana’s work great for smoothies.
- Keep frozen fruit on hand for your smoothies. Makes it really simple.
- This recipe is great for kids! They love the purple and don’t realize they are getting spinach and kale.