- 2 cups of cooked quinoa (1 cup of uncooked quinoa when cooked makes 2 cups)
- 1 can black bean, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of thawed frozen corn
- ¼ – ½ cup of cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup of red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- ¼ cup of lime juice, approximately 2-3 limes
- 1 – 1 ½ T. of jalapeno peppers, chopped
- Avocado (optional)
Cook quinoa according to package directions. While quinoa is cooking, drain and rinse black beans and pour into mixing bowl. Add corn, cilantro, red onion, red pepper and jalapeno. Set aside until quinoa is done cooking.
Add quinoa to your mixing bowl containing the corn, cilantro, red onion, red pepper, jalapeno and mix thoroughly. Add the salsa and lime juice and mix. Once you have thoroughly mixed all ingredients you can serve and garnish with avocado. Enjoy!